Jacksonville D-Riskers Continue Support of Carver Recreation Center

Children playing footballJacksonville, FL (June 19, 2013) – For its third year, D-Riskers from the Jacksonville office continued their support of the Carver Recreation Center by holding a month-long donation drive. Led by Brendan Rogers, team members gathered school supplies, board games, and sports equipment, in preparation for the center’s summer camp.
The Carver Recreation Center provides youth activities and tutoring for children living in the surrounding low to moderate income area.

To learn more about the Carver Recreation Center, please visit the Jacksonville Beach website.

Maitland Team Members Volunteer at Give Kids the World

May 11, 2013
Kissimmee, FL

Maitland Team Supports Give Kids the WorldD-Riskers in Maitland continued their annual support of Give Kids The World by participating in the Adopt-a-Villa program this weekend.

The Adopt-a-Villa program at Give Kids The World allows volunteer groups the opportunity to help spruce up, clean up, and maintain adopted villas that children with life-threatening illnesses and their families will call home while on their dream vacation.

“Having had the opportunity to volunteer Saturday made me proud to be a part of an organization that values community outreach. It felt great giving back and witnessing the immediate return for the families served by Give Kids the World,” commented Digital Risk volunteer Michelle Richards.

The team of 15 was led by team captain Kevin Thome. The group spent several hours deep cleaning, painting, landscaping, vacuuming, and doing so much more at Digital Risk’s two adopted villas.

“My family and I feel that volunteering time at Give Kids The World was an absolutely enlightening experience! To know we were contributing in placing smiles upon children’s faces with life-threatening illnesses, filled our hearts with warmth and love,” stated Digital Risk volunteer Kasey Handlin. “We will be back very soon to help in any way we can. I enjoyed sharing this experience with my fellow D-Riskers and their families.”

Maitland Team Members Support Relay for Life

May 4-5, 2013

Apopka, FL

For the third year, Maitland team members continued their support of the American Cancer Society by participating in Relay For Life this weekend.

Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event with the vision and mission of a world with more birthdays. Over $37,000 was raised for this year’s event, taking place at Apopka High School’s track stadium. Participants could run or walk the track and visit a variety of booths that sold cancer awareness items, delicious food, facials, raffle tickets and much more. In addition, the event went on for 18 hours with exciting games, upbeat music, and live entertainment.

Read more

Jacksonville D-Riskers Continue Cancer Battle at Relay for Life

April 27-28, 2013

Jacksonville, FL

D-Riskers from Jacksonville teamed up this weekend to continue in the fight against cancer at Relay For Life, supporting the American Cancer Society’s vision of “a world with more birthdays”.

Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event. The Jacksonville event raised over $25,000 this year and was held at Jarboe Park, in Neptune Beach. Participants ran or walked around the park and visited several diverse vendors who sold tasty food while others held fun contests and games and played great music for 18 hours straight.

Read more

Jacksonville D-Riskers ‘Pace for Peace’

April 6, 2013
Jacksonville, FL

Jacksonville DR Pace for Peace

Digital Risk team members from the Jacksonville office came together this weekend to participate in the Hubbard House Setting the Pace for Peace Walk, in support of the Hubbard House’s mission of “Every Relationship Violence‐Free”.

The Pace for Peace Walk is the organization’s premier fundraising event of the year raising awareness for domestic violence. The event raised over $67,000 this year and featured a two mile route in beautiful downtown Jacksonville. Participants ran or walked to show their support and celebrated afterwards with games, music, and family activities.

Led by their team captain, Nataleigh Lay, the D-Riskers completed the course and raised over $300 for the Hubbard House. “The walk was a lot of fun and the commitment of the participants to the Hubbard House was overwhelming,” stated Lay.

“I look forward to doing it again next year with an even larger team of D-Riskers,” continued Lay.

Jacksonville D-Riskers 'Pace for Peace'

April 6, 2013
Jacksonville, FL

Jacksonville DR Pace for Peace

Digital Risk team members from the Jacksonville office came together this weekend to participate in the Hubbard House Setting the Pace for Peace Walk, in support of the Hubbard House’s mission of “Every Relationship Violence‐Free”.

The Pace for Peace Walk is the organization’s premier fundraising event of the year raising awareness for domestic violence. The event raised over $67,000 this year and featured a two mile route in beautiful downtown Jacksonville. Participants ran or walked to show their support and celebrated afterwards with games, music, and family activities.

Led by their team captain, Nataleigh Lay, the D-Riskers completed the course and raised over $300 for the Hubbard House. “The walk was a lot of fun and the commitment of the participants to the Hubbard House was overwhelming,” stated Lay.

“I look forward to doing it again next year with an even larger team of D-Riskers,” continued Lay.

D-Riskers Continue the Fight Against Diabetes

Orlando, FL

For the second year, D-Riskers joined forces with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) to fight diabetes in the Tour de Cure at Lake Nona. The team of 35, led by Julio Rodriguez, rode with over 1,000 other participants.

The Tour de Cure is a series of fundraising cycling events held in 44 states to benefit the ADA. Participants had the opportunity to choose from several bike routes to ride ranging from 10 miles up to 101 miles.
Read more

D-Riskers Fight for Team Zoe

February 21, 2013
Maitland, FL

February 21, 2013 (Maitland, FL) – Florida’s Blood Centers’  Big Red Bus stopped by Digital Risk’s Maitland campus this week and D-Riskers were lined up to donate blood. Nearly 50 D-Riskers donated enough blood to save 117 lives according to the Blood Centers’ spokesperson.

Leading the turnout were members of Team Zoe, a group of Digital Risk team members committed to donating their blood to assist the wellbeing of Zoe Bonnier. Eight year old Zoe suffers from bone marrow failure and needs blood transfusions several times a week. After learning about Zoe’s plight, 15 concerned D-Riskers joined together to form Team Zoe.

Explaining the team’s passion to help, team captain Debbie Hoffman stated, “This is a need that money cannot fix. Only the donation of platelets can help Zoe.”

Those whose blood type matches Zoe’s will be eligible to have it go directly to her. The Big Red Bus stops by the Maitland campus on a quarterly basis so that D-Riskers can continue to provide life-saving blood donations to Zoe and other people in need.

To learn more about Florida’s Blood Centers, visit www.floridasbloodcenters.org. To learn more about Zoe, read Zoe’s Story.

D-Riskers Volunteer at Give Kids The World

October  6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL

Digital Risk Volunteers at Give Kids The World

More than 10 D-Riskers, families and friends spent Saturday, October 6 volunteering their time and service at Give Kids The World in Kissimmee.

D-Riskers helped spruce up Digital Risk’s two adopted villas. Volunteers assisted in several ways—painting walls, cleaning rooms, restocking household items, maintaining yards—benefiting future Give Kids The World families.

“It was my first time contributing to a Digital Risk sponsored charity. I had a great time and can’t wait to go back! I felt so good knowing I was helping out. A little caring goes a long way!” commented team member Kimberly Garcia.

Digital Risk has participated in Give Kids The World since 2010 and will continue their volunteer efforts in November for the holidays.