Christmas Comes Early for Carver Recreation Center

Jacksonville, FL

About 10 team members, led by Brendan Rogers, Carl Messina and Joe Phillips, spent two weeks gathering sports equipment, board games, video games and more to delight the low-income kids who turn to the center for free activities. Brendan Rogers had the pleasure of delivering the donations to Carver’s appreciative staff on July 10.

Read more

Digital Risk in Jacksonville Participates in Relay For Life

May 5, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Digital Risk Participates in Relay For LifeExpanding its cancer-fighting force, Digital Risk in Jacksonville participated in Relay For Life at Latham Plaza on Jacksonville Beach. Digital Risk had over 20 participants on its team led by team captain Justina Mike. The fairy-tale themed event was highlighted with lots of music, games, food, and fun for the whole family that lasted 18 hours. There were more than 20 teams and 150 registered participants.

Digital Risk contributed over $1,800 by selling fresh fruit, beverages and other snacks at the event. All of the money raised during the event helps the American Cancer Society save the lives of those directly affected by cancer. The contributions aid in funding the Hope Lodge, Road to Recovery, Look Good…Feel Better, Reach to Recovery, college scholarship programs and more.

“As a family member of a victim of cancer, to be able to show my support, knowing that what little I give will go out in the biggest way to help the next person, and possibly move towards helping cure or even just put a smile someone’s face who might need it that day, gives me the energy to reach out and help when I can”, commented Digital Risk participant Allen Touchton.

Many attendees participated in the new landmark study, CPS-3 (Cancer Prevention Study-3), a long-term study that will help researchers better identify the lifestyle, environmental and genetic factors that cause or prevent cancer.

With more than $16,000 raised in Jacksonville Beach’s Relay For Life, it’s no doubt a cure for cancer is closer than ever before.

“I can say I am honored and proud to have participated in the walk and am thankful to Digital Risk for allowing me to share their name for support and honor me for my walk”, stated team member Stephanie Rollins. “I hope many more people will step out to a relay one time, if not more, to experience the joy amongst everyone that attends.”

Digital Risk in Maitland Participates in Relay For Life of Apopka

Digital Risk Maitland Participates in Relay for LifeContinuing in the fight against cancer, Digital Risk participated in the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life held at Wekiva High School. The team of 15 participants was led by team captain Katherine Gil. More than 500 participants and 50 teams joined in the 18 hour event. Bad weather couldn’t stop this Relay For Life event, held in the high school’s covered courtyard, gym, and cafeteria.

Read more

On your mark, get set, go!

Corporate 5kDigital Risk united with runners and walkers at the 18th Annual Insurance Office of America Corporate 5k. The team of 53 runners, led by Jorge Suarez and Mikki Ryerson, joined more than 13,000 others for a 3.1 mile journey around Lake Eola.

Read more

‘Daniel’ Supported by Digital Risk

daniel supported by Digital RiskDaniel is a place of refuge for abused, neglected or abandoned children. Daniel serves more than 1,000 children and their families every day through a variety of innovative and nationally-recognized programs. The charity provides round-the-clock treatment for children with severe emotional problems through counseling and support services. Daniel treats other children and families on an outpatient basis and works regularly with foster children. It also aids other child-services agencies across the country and facilitates adoptions.

Read more

Give Kids The World Gives D-Riskers Joy

Give Kids the World VillageThis past weekend, more than 40 Digital Risk team members, families and friends spent Sunday morning volunteering service at Give Kids The World in Kissimmee.

D-Riskers helped by greeting families, serving food, cleaning the facility, and assisting with any other activities taking place.

Read more